2011-11-27

Move Over Thanksgiving It's Time For Christmas!!

For the last few weeks I've been wanting to make a Christmas banner/bunting of some sort. 
I didn't want to do the typical Merry Christmas and I wanted it to be colorful.
After the debacle of Aubrey announcing that the baby in the manger in our nativity scene was baby Moses (mom fail!) I figured I had some work to do ;)


Thus the "Happy Birthday Jesus" bunting was created!
I just love how it turned out and it was so easy to make.


I didn't sew a thing... just me, some felt fabric and my trusty glue gun gettin' er done.


I even hand drew the letters (I'm definitely NOT known for my neat printing OR my drawing ability) and the fact that they turned out half decent is a miracle in and of itself!


The lighting in our living room is seriously lacking, so forgive the crummy pictures.


I'm totally loving the fact that I can use it for any birthday! Gotta love when things can be multi purpose... makes the Mennonite in me proud :)




4 comments:

Astrid said...

I WANT BUNTING!!! Maybe one for my kids for their Christmas presents ( with their names one?!) Cobs said he wanted Auntie Jenny to make him a Ninja Warrior costume---I'll let you figure that one out ;)
Good job, Jen. I LOVE that you made a Happy Birthday Jesus one. Kids needed reminded of this EVERY day, not just on CHRISTmas ;) He IS the reason for the season, aferall!! x

Amy said...

Beautiful. Love that idea, jen. I love that you can use it for other birthdays as well. Nice job, crafty girl!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

"baby Moses"! Ah, I love it! Kiddos are so cute. ;)

Funny story...my birthday is Christmas day, and when we were little, one of my friends would always say it was MY birthday when her mom would try to remind her it was Jesus' birthday. ;)

I loove the bunting! So sweet & definitely versatile!

I'm stopping in from the Life Made Lovely link up & I'm a new follower. Nice to "meet" you!

Jamie said...

love this! great work... and all without sewing!