2011-05-01

When I Get Something In My Head... {Handmade Doll Carrier}

I'd been looking for a specific doll carrier for Aubrey for quite some time and I had only found slings. I had something in mind and was determined to find it and when I didn't(tutorial or for sale) I knew it was up to me to figure it out.

This project was about a month in the making--- I would work on it, get frustrated, leave it for a few days and get back to figuring it out....after calming down... In the end, I'm soooo happy with how it turned out! Gotta say, I'm proud of myself for not giving up on it and man there were times when I wanted to!
Aubrey enjoyed snapping it on and off:)

There are a few kinks that I need to work out on it and I'm going to make one for Aubrey's friend Maddie to see if I can figure them out.

But overall, I'm happy with it and Aubrey seems to love it too....good thing because as much as I love it, it'd be moot if she didn't;)
~~~~~


I'm linking up here this week......






Photobucket



Photobucket



<Photobucket






8 comments:

Jenna said...

Ooh... I love it! You are so talented. I seriously wish I had half a clue as to how to sew and create awesome things! Aubs looks like she loves it, too!

Amy said...

Amazing. Nice work, Jenn. So glad you kept keeping at it.

Unknown said...

how sweet...i can't wait for my little girl to start REALLY playing with dolls. :)

sarah said...

omg soooooo cute!!!!

Life With Lucy said...

SO cute! I love it and I'm so impressed!

Marcy said...

I love it! I'm sure there are a lot of moms out there with little girls who would love to get their hands on one of those! Great gift idea!

Astrid said...

I'm one of those Moms!! Keep me ( or I should say, Yaya) in mind in 3 months time......she would LOVE it. Was I subtle with that hint?!?

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

I love this... So sweet!