2011-09-06

Scenes From Savannah...

Well, the long weekend with Zach really was everything I had dreamed it would be (that's for you Astrid!)! We made the most of his whole time off, we didn't waste a minute! 


Saturday was spent at home relaxing. Zach and Aubrey went in the pool for hours, and by hours I mean 5! Seriously, they have waaaay too much fun in that thing. I was able to go out by myself for a couple of hours and did a few errands/returns/crafty shopping. Any alone time is coveted! We grilled some steaks for dinner and it was just a fabulous day. 


Sunday we tried a new church that was recommended to us by one of Zach's coworkers and we LOVED it! I'm so glad we tried it, it's totally not something we would have gone for on our own. It's one of those mega baptist churches that I've been so intimidated by, but they did such a fabulous job of making it feel close knit and the worship and preaching was amazing! And don't get me started on the Sunday School program! Aubrey was in her glory! 


Right after church we headed into Savannah. Only Zach and I would make an afternoon trip with a 2 and a half hour drive one way! We had such an amazing time and it's an out of control gorgeous city!


My only complaint was that it was super cloudy out. Now, it was fabulous for the comfort/sweat factor, but the pictures took a bit of a beating. It was the super dark kind of cloudy, not good for the pictures(my skillz just aren't there).


We were there for a total of 5 hours and we made the most of it, walking around to see all we could. 
I love love love Savannah and I can't wait to go back...soon!


Monday was a get-stuff-done-around-the-house kinda day. We finally tidied/cleaned out the garage(and by we, I mean Zach) and we can actually park our car in it! Yay!! We'd been putting it off for quite some time and it felt so good to get 'er done.


So that was my weekend in a nutshell. A pretty great nutshell if you ask me :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh so many things.... First, I am sooooo happy you found a church that you loved! Is it far? Second, I am so happy that you had Zach all to yourselves for three amazing days! Third, I love that you took a day trip to savannah and got your photo on! Beautiful. Those pics are seriously so outstanding! It sounds like you are feeling better? I hope so. Oh and awesome to get your garage cleaned! We have to get that done too.

Kimberley said...

Sounds like some GREAT quality time was had for your little family! So important to squeeze it in and enjoy it when it happens. When you say "savannah" I picture Andy from The Office talking in his southern, Georgia accent saying it. Makes me smile! The pictures look amazing, by the way!! So beautiful there, like you said. :)

Astrid said...

I knew it would be everything you dreamed it would be. Sounds like a fabulous weekend Jen. Savannah is so incredibly beautiful. I can't wait to explore it for myself! And you're right. Only you and Zach would drive 2 1/2 hours for a day trip. That's just crazy. ( I could possibly convince Jo to do it if we woke up at the CRACK of dawn and set off then!! )