2011-02-03

Love for my Sister....

I just got off the phone with my sister and talking to her(even for a few minutes) made me miss her:(
We live in different countries....on different continents for that matter, so we don't get to see each other too often. I'm pretty sure I bug the poor girl to visit us every time we talk....I'm surprised that she even calls anymore.
She and I get along so well now.... but that was not always the case! I am four years younger and was, for most of our lives, a pain in her behind. I still might be.... hmmm.... It's not my fault that her blue eyeshadow and hot pink lipstick were so cool and therefore HAD to be copied. And her clothes?! I think I wore them more than her. Seriously...I stole them all the time....Sorry again Astrid.... if you're reading this...
It's a rarity that she and I are in the same country at the same time. But last Christmas, we both happened to be in Canada and decided to go away for a night, just us! We left the kids(except for her baby girl) and had a great time in Vancouver! We both felt horribly guilty being gone, when both of us don't get to do that type of thing with our husbands, but got over it quite quickly!
I dug out the pictures from that trip and had a good laugh at them! We miiiiiight officially be the coolest people on earth:) And Vancouver?!? GORGEOUS!!! Hope you enjoy!








2 comments:

Amy said...

That was, well it was just downright lovely! What an amazing gifts we younger sisters are...hehehe. It is truely awesome to have an older sister. I wish someday I can meet yours.... Astrid seems wonderful. And hot pink lipstick.... Sweet the 80's were totally cool!

Astrid said...

Oh Jennifife-- what a lovely ode-to-me! You could have chosen some better pictures of me though. Man, those were brutal! Particularly loving Be-Ya-Ya though. Crazy how quickly they grow up. No chance we could take her to Vancouver now. She'd be off and we'd probably find her taking a carraige ride through Stanley Park ;) And Amy, it would be lovely to meet you too! Jen sure speaks very highly of you. And you're right. I'm wonderful! ( and just incase Jen hasn't told you about my humour, or lack there of, that was HIGHLY sarcastic!)
Ah, the blue mascara and hot pink lipstick. I think I'll need to start rocking them again. It was awesome.