2010-07-02

I may not have pictures, but I'm back!

Zach has the computer with all the pictures on it, at work, and I've been using that as my excuse not to post, but I figured that I'd finally rip off the band aid and post something(even if there are no pictures, sorry).
We've been back from our England/Canada trip for a few weeks and a lot has happened in that short time.
We got back to NJ on the 7th of June(with a three year visa in hand!!!! Such an answer to prayer, thank the Lord!) and it has been a bit of a whirlwind ever since. As I said, we got back on the 7th, a monday, and on wednesday of that week, our friends Dennis and James came for Zach's graduation. On thursday, Zach's mom came and we had ourselves a full house! It all went great and there were no problems to speak of and it was a nice way to slowly wean ourselves off of family and friend from England and Canada:)
On saturday we all headed into NYC for the night. We spent the day shopping, the boys went to a Yankees game and we all had such a blast.
Sunday was the grad ceremony and it was short and sweet! One of the shortest and best grads I've been to. I can not believe that Zach is a doctor, it still is bazar to me. The ceremony made it feel more real though, I had the tissues ready and they were need on a few occasions!
By the next sunday, everyone had left and it was bitter sweet having our place to ourselves. It had been almost two months since we had time alone as a family and that part was nice. But trying to wean Aubrey off of the constant stream of people was hard. She constantly wanted entertained and I found myself missing Grammie like crazy(so was Aubrey)! Now we seem to have found our daily rhythm again.
The last few weeks we've been just laying low and Zach has started work at his research position. I got started on some sewing projects that I've been putting off for a bit. I made new douvet cover and pillowcase for Aubrey's bed and a new curtainy thingy for my kitchen island/cart thing(pictures to come). It felt so good to get back into a sewing groove again. I forgot how hard it is to sew straight! Aubrey is so excited for her new bedding, every night she askes if it's hers and if I made it and when I say yes to both, she just grins and says 'Thank you, mama!'.
This weekend we are heading up to our friends place in Connecticut for the 4th of July and we are so pumped! Donny and Lisa moved away a few months ago and we miss them a lot. It'll be great to catch up and have the kids play together. Elliot and Aubrey miss one another so much and every time we say Elliot's name in our house Aubrey goes and find the little blue chair he always sat in when he came to play and points out that it's his(with a sad look in her eyes)! Too cute. It'll be great to see them reunited!
Well, I'll try and do some catch up posts on the Canada/England trips here and there when I get a chance to steal the other computer away from Zach! I hope every one has an awesome 4th of July and to all my Canadian peeps out there, Happy Canada Day(yesterday)!!

1 comment:

Kimberley said...

love the update! thanks!! sounds like it was pretty busy for a while there, but i'm glad to hear things have settled back into a bit of routine and you've had time to start some sewing projects. Pictures please for sure!