2007-05-01

So long, farewell...



Well, I just found out that my good friend Laura is leaving this lovely island of Grenada a little earlier than expected. She was going to fly home on the 18th of May and instead she's leaving this thursday (the 3rd) due to the fact that she isn't feeling well and this is not the place to have any sort of health emergencies. She will most likely be fine, but you never what take a chance with your health, and specifically, you don't want to take that chance in a third world hospital. To give you a picture of how it is here, they don't have an incubator for babies, no intensive care unit...you get the picture.
So needless to say, I'm a little sad and feeling a little lost thinking about how I'm going to spend my time on this island. Laura and I spent many a day watching episodes of Desperate Housewives and just hanging out in general. Wow, I'm making it sound like she's dead!! But I am, in a sense, mourning a little since she's not going to be here next semester. She decided to stay home and find a job in the field that she is trained in, nursing, and get a little extra dough for their pockets! Personally I think that she is sick of not being close to a proper grocery store, but that's just me:)
Well, Laura, I'm going to miss you, but most of all...I'm going to miss your car (just kidding!!)...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, where you're living is "no place to have any health emergencies" but yet there are hundreds of doctors on that little tiny island?
Just jokes, I know what you mean! Well, I hope she gets better...I guess I can tell her myself on facebook!