2007-02-10

I'm baaaaaaack!

Well, it has been a while since I have updated, so a lot has happened. I'm back in Grenada and have been since the 31st of January. It was great to see Zach again and I think that he felt the same way. Or maybe it was just the fact that he had his cook back...who knows! Anyway, things are back to the same ol' here and to be honest, it feels as though I never left. What a scary thought. I walked into our apartment for the first time and I got this strange feeling like I was home, weird! I never thought that this would feel like home to me, but it is getting there (just in time to leave again for good in four months). I guess I won't really have a sense of home for a long time, another scary thought! I have no clue as to where we will be next year and it is a strange feeling. We might go to England to do some clinical rotations, or we might go straight to New York, or New Jersey, who knows. It is actually a bit of a liberating feeling to have our future so wide open, who knows where God might take us?! Weirdest of all is that I was the BIGGEST fan of staying in Abbotsford (my home town) for the rest of my life. I hated the thought of change and could not picture my life anywhere else. And here I am, thousands of miles from home and contempaleting, with my husband, (why does it still feel so weird to say that?) if we will go to the US or England, just cuz we can! Life never ceases to amaze me. Well, enough philosophical talk for now, back to life here. The best news of all is that I have not seen one cockroach since I've been here! And to think I spent all that money on buying roach traps when I was home?! We are going to set them up anyway, just in case this is some sort of grace period they are giving me. Zach is still working like a maniac, as usual. Wow, he makes it really hard to blog about him, he never does anything out of the ordinary for me to report. I burnt myself at the pool the other day, aparently you can't go out for the first time in six weeks without sunscreen (yes, I know this is bad). Well, I have to get back to another hard day of reading and TV watching!

No comments: