2006-12-12

A Grenadian Christmas!




My friend Laura hosted a Christmas brunch this last Saturday and it was a lot of fun. I must say, she put together quite the party for Grenada (for North American standards as well), I was very impressed. She had a huge spread of food, decorated her little one room dorm with palm fronds and a little mini Christmas tree (that she borrowed from a friend who is staying here for Christmas and felt the need to get in the spirit a little more) and had us all bring gifts for a gift exchange. The pictures are of the group of girls that attended and then two pictures of me, one with Kristin and the other with Laura (yes, I know that sounded vain, but lets face it, a blog is a pretty vain thing. What makes us think that we need to dedicate and entire website to ourselves?!). Needless to say, it was a great party and it did a great job of getting us in the Christmas spirit! We ended up ruining all of Laura's effort though, we went to the beach afterwards to work on our tans!

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Aww, that sounds so fun! I'm so glad you have friends down there that make the effort to get in the christmas spirit! Can't wait to see you when you come home! I heard from you mom that you're staying until the end of January! yippee!! Now I actually stand a chance to see you. I thought you'd only be here for 2 weeks and figured my chances of seeing you were pretty slim with christmas, your anniversary and dennis & anna's wedding!

Anonymous said...

If you think your post was vain, I hope you read mine....it will make you feel better! Hey, you stalk my blog and I stalk yours, so I guess we somehow enjoy reading egotistical text!!:) Glad you had fun at the party, thanks for the compliments! And this darn blogger won't let me publish my comment under my blog name!

Laura