2012-01-09

More Than Just Pictures....

I know that these are random pictures, but they mean A LOT to me....


These pictures are a big step in my marriage...
I know, I know...dramatic
BUT they are the first ever pictures where I randomly saw something that I wanted to photograph, on the way to our destination, and Zach TURNED the car AROUND... annnnnnd backtracked to let me get the shot!


He's not really a fan of stopping along the way... he'll stop for us to go to the bathroom, but only if there is a stop less than 1 mile off the highway.
You read that right, there are stipulations.
If the Starbucks that I'm wanting to stop at ends up being farther than that, my man is not pleased.


It has to be said, he'll do it (probably because he's dying for a coffee too), but he won't be happy about it. (I hope he's not sounding like an ogre, he's just a typical male who wants to just GET to the destination.)
But stopping for a picture, never.... until our trip to Charleston!
And I'm thinking it won't be the last time, since he could see the shock and excitement in my face
And I maaaaay have talked about it repeatedly during our trip!


It's the little things people.
Love him :) ....
And my pictures!


3 comments:

Heather @ we.are.the.holdens said...

Girl, this is so sweet and I love that you spotted something you wanted to photograph and that he did it for you. I so get this. Found you from lifemadelovely.:)

Amy said...

Yay Zach! It took Dom awhile too... I love that. By the way, why are men so interested in getting to the destination... What about the journey? That sometimes can be just as wonderful.

Ashley Klaassen said...

Pretty sure this is genetic, thankfully Zach stops for pee breaks though. Unless my bladder is about to explode Jordan won't stop for anything...also, he gives me the "you shouldn't be drinking so much water because I know that means we'll eventually have to stop" look....he literally twitches when he needs to stop for something and heaven forbid vehicles that he passed, pass us while we're stopped. I laughed out loud when I read this post, in a lot of ways they are two peas in a pod! Amy said it well, it's the journey, not the destination :)