2011-06-02

The Queen of Mugs...

Packing up your belongings make you take a good look at yourself and let me tell you, I've learned A LOT. I was on the phone with my lifelong BFF Marcy yesterday and, with a snicker, she asked if I'd been throwing a lot of stuff away! Now, I'm known to be a bit of a pack rat(thanks mom) and I've also been accused of having "knick-knacks"---to which I usually (defensively) reply, "Picture frames don't count!!". I mean, I enjoy me some photography now and then and that leads to;

A--pictures...

2--living away from all your family with a little one, you have to have pictures up as a reminder....

and D--I love to collect picture frames....at garage sales....so sue me.

{Please tell me that you got the random Buzz from Home Alone quote in there with the listing of things with letters and numbers....cuz if you didn't and I have to explain it, well, I sound dumb...oh wait, shoot.}

Anyway, basically, I have a lot of stuff. It happens when you love to garage sale and you have no money and you see a wonderful piece of furniture for less than 10 dollars, I'm talking wardrobes and cupboards people! But there is none-so-vast a collection as my (and Zach's too....gotta say that because he's as into it as I am!) mug collection. Seriously, take a look...


Um, yeah. And that's not all of them, these are just the ones I packed away to get a jump start....there might be eight more in the cupboard.....
And do you notice a common thread in all of them?! Yup, Starbucks. We collect them from every place we visited and well, we've been a lot of places I guess :) I am currently drinking my coffee out of "New Orleans" and how cool is that?!? At least we think so.

But seriously, Marcy was right to snicker (I guess I'll let her, we have been friends for our ENTIRE lives....and she is coming to help me move said boxes of knick-knacks). I have a lot of stuff, but I'm not willing to get rid of it all just because we are moving. I mean, we ARE moving to a house that is almost double the size of the place we live in currently. We need tons of knick-knacks to cover that kind of square footage ;) That being said, I AM getting rid of a few things....so I'm not a complete lost cause.

And as I mentioned before, Marcy and her husband Tom are flying out here to help us move to Georgia! They were the ones who flew out here to NJ when we moved here to meet us and set up house with us. I had just had Aubrey, 2 weeks prior to moving, and needed all the help I could get! What amazing friends we have to give up their vacation time to come and help us finish packing, load up a truck and drive the 12+ hours to our new place and then unpack!! And that's not all folks, our other friends Dennis and Anna are meeting us in Georgia and will help us unload that truck and unpack!! The Lord has blessed us with some fabulous friends! Annnnnd I'm planning on roping Anna into a few furniture redo's cuz she's REALLY good at that kinda stuff! YAY!

Knowing that they are coming to help make the transition is easing the stress a little and that is SUCH a blessing. As I've said/whined about a BAZILLION times on here, I'm having a rough time thinking about moving again and I just know that the Lord sent them to help so we would have a nice distraction.

2 comments:

Amy said...

1. You certainly have a ton of mugs.

B. I don't think you have that many knick knacks...

3. I think it is awesome that your friends are coming to help you.

Marcy said...

I was gonna comment on the whole knick knack thing but then you wrote all that nice stuff about me and then decided I would look like a loser if I did write those things so instead I'm gonna say:

I LOVE YOU AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!