2011-05-05

Beauty...

Aubrey asked me what my favorite animal was at the Bronx Zoo and I automatically said the giraffes. But thinking back, I'd have to say it was the peacocks. There is just something about these magnificent creatures that just speak to me. I mean, look at them!

Just looking at them, with all their intricate beauty, makes me smile and marvel at God's creation! How could an animal that beautiful just morph from some random cell, or be created from a "Big
Bang"?? I mean, come on! Only He can make something so wonderful and full of beauty!

The one question I have is why do the males get all the beauty?!? Poor, poor dowdy looking female peacocks...

3 comments:

Jenna said...

That first photo is absolutely gorgeous! And I totally agree with you...only God could come up with such a beautiful creature!

Amy said...

Beautiful creations... Thank you Lord for making all the males in your animal kingdom beautiful, you saved the beauty in the human race for the ladies....
Jen, we may have to go back to the zoo so you can test out your new lens.... Free Wednesday's..........

Astrid said...

I know! Seriously?!? What is that all about?!? And it seems to be the way with most birds/fowl. Pheasants--males--beautiful, women--boring. Ducks--same. Roosters?!?! I mean, c'mon. Have you seen the way they walk around, strutting their stuff? Anyways, peacocks ARE something pretty incredible! Amy-- I too am free wednesdays. I'm coming along!