2011-03-17

Just the Two of Us...

So Zach is off to another conference and that means it's just Aubrey and I for the next three days. Aubrey is not too pleased about this....

for a few reasons....

1. She's the biggest daddy's girl

2. She can't go on the airplane (me, I'm happy to never fly again!)

3. She can't sit in Number 2 (Got me if I know where she got this from?!?!)

4. She's convinced that Zach's going back to Grenada and he's going to go swimming and she won't

AND...most importantly...

5. She's the biggest daddy's girl EVER!

This poor girl is crabby and sulky (and all the other adjectives that you'd use for a teen-aged girl) when Zach's gone. Did I mention that she can't get enough of him?!? I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that he will play the most outrageous games with her...all of them ones they've invented together...and with wonderful names like, "Foot" and "There She Is" and the ever popular "Throw it in the Red Thing"... all involving a lot of running around and hiding from me or tickling me...and balls, there are always balls involved! They pretty much have their own secret language, so I get why the poor girl misses him(and not just because I miss the guy too!). He's 150% there when he plays with her... All out and she knows it. She knows that he's head-over-heels in love with her and she feels the same way!

And how could he not be in love with this girl?? I mean look and her with her curls.... Just gorgeous!

......Wish me luck.....

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh she is precious. You went to grenada and brought back a long haired... curly girl! Love it! She is so adorable!!!! I can't stand it.
BTW that is the most lovely beautiful amazing things you said about your daughter and your husband's love for each other! brought me to tears.

Brigitte said...

Awww she sure is a cutie!! I love it that she loves her daddy and how you described their game-playing together - that's really cool and a great example of how every dad should be!
Thanks for visiting (and following!) my blog :) X

Marcy said...

Do you have any of Aubrey's humidity hair pics! Would love to see them!