2010-04-14

It's here!

So I may have bought the cart before the horse, but I finally got my horse.... or sewing machine....the cart being the fabric (guess I should have said that in the first place and I would not have had to explain it all). I'm so excited to have it, but I'm waiting on my thread, etc. to get started. Zach's been working crazy hours and not getting home before 9pm so I haven't been able to get all I need. I've ordered a bunch more fabric on line and I'm so excited to get started sewing this weekend!

I picked the Singer Esteem II because it got the best reviews for the price range I was looking in and I'm hoping it doesn't let me down...

This is the fabric that I ordered before I got the sewing machine. I've been staring at it for over a week now and have a million ideas in my head of how to use it. But I'm torn because it's so pretty, I don't want to use/waste it! Maybe I'll become a fabric collector...

On another, unrelated, topic, this last Sunday I went into Manhattan with Lisa and we had an absolute blast! She suggested, last minute, that we try and get tickets to a show and we ended up getting half price tix to.....


Mamma Mia!!! It was an amazing show and we both loved it. It was my first Broadway show and I have to say, it didn't disappoint!


Afterward we spent a bunch of time wandering around trying to find this fabric/trimmings store I had once seen on my way back to Penn Station (it's massive and wonderful!) and I ended up leading us on a wild goose-chase and we never found it. I looked it up the next day and we were literally circling the store hitting every surrounding street but the right one. Not cool. Not to worry though, Zach and I are heading in this Saturday to spend the day for my birthday(without Aubrey, thank you Lisa!!) and I'll drag him there!

We also went to see Central Park in all it's spring glory, but we were a little late in the season(not to mention, the day)and most of the blossoms were gone...and so was the good lighting to take pictures.


I thought that Central Park in fall was my fav. but I'm pretty sure it's the spring now! It was beautiful!


Random poster that we saw and made us laugh! Can't believe that they are making a comeback....again...

Well I'll leave you with a cute picture of the Aub-meist. She finally let me put pigtails in her hair without ripping them out and I could not get enough of her with them! And check out her pose, so cute putting her hands in her pockets:) Love that kid!


1 comment:

Kimberley said...

ahhh, the Aub-meist is truly uber-cute!!! such a sweetie. I'm curious as to all the things you're gonna make with your sewing machine...what's the plan?
Hope you had a great day in the City for your birthday!!!