2007-05-18

Working the corner...

So today was the monthly bazaar up at school in which I sell my baked goods. I went today thinking that it would be a little slow due to the fact that most of the students have left for home already(all but the third and fourth term med). So I show up and there are three other girls there to sell stuff and as usual, the school forgot to set up the tent and the tables for us at the bus stop. So we waited and waited and then waited some more and no one showed up to bring them and set them up. Meanwhile both classes had been let out and our potential customers had gone. One girl called the school after waiting for an hour or so and found out that we were not, in fact, ever receiving said tent and tables!! So what was a girl to do?!?! I set up shop--right there on the ground and was hawking my wares like a mad woman. Zach walked by and was killing himself laughing, apparently I looked a little funny standing there looking like I was selling my pecan pie bars and banana chocolate chip muffins on the black market. A few people bought some things, but I think it was just cuz they felt sorry for me. Well, on the bright side, I didn't have to pay the fee for the table...

No comments: