2011-07-14

Aubrey's Room: The Never Ending Craft Session....

So I'm really getting my craft on for Aubrey's room. I'm trying to use stuff I already have around my sewing room so we can save on $$ :) Yay me, right?!
Some hoop art was next on deck. I'm going with a color scheme of, well, color in her room. Like I said before, I don't want to be tied down by a "scheme", I'm rebellious like that.
The two brighter patterned hoops I just left as is, but I flexed my glue gunning muscles on the purple one. Didn't want it to be bland, nope can't have that.
Nothing some buttons and lace can't fix!
I'm loving how they turned out! Best part was Aubrey come up while I was making them and when I told her they were for her room she said, "Wow Mama! I LOVE them....what are they?!?". Ah 3 year olds, no artistic vision.
Thought I'd throw in this next shot.....
Random I know, but I have this mask that my brother got me when he travelled to Venice and to say Zach hates it, is an understatement! For some reason it FREAKS him out and of course I wear it and sneak up on him and prop it in random places for him to find at some random time. I'm a good wife and that's what good wives do; piss off their husbands. Anyway, after one particular time of me hiding it somewhere on his desk, he got me back! Oh man, it made me smile for the rest of the day. I'm convinced that this is why our marriage is going to make it ;)
Linking up to IHeartNaptime

10 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome. Did he glue it to the mask? or just shove it through the eye hole??? I love the hoop art. looks great.

Lindsey said...

pretty hoop art!

Marcy said...

Nice one Zach!

Joyeful said...

I love hoop art :) These look fantastic! And it sounds like your marriage is as well :) hehe

Ashley said...

very cute!!! ps
Designer Blogs is doing a giveaway for a free button, if your interested come check it out!

http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/2011/07/button-botton-who-wants-designer-blog.html

Ruth said...

These are lovely and they looks so pretty all together! Yum!

Angee @ October Morning said...

Love the hoop art. I've been totally crushing on it lately.

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

I love the hoop art! :)
Thank you for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
I hope to see more of your creativity this weekend! :)
xoxo,
Vanessa

PS: You are hilarious! Love the story about the mask! ;)

Life With Lucy said...

Love the embroidery hoops! I'm with you on not being tied down by a "scheme". These seriously look awesome. love the lace and buttons. super cute.

Flor said...

Found you via life made lovely link up -- I love embroidery hoops! I hae a small wall devoted to embroidery hoops with some of my favorite fabrics. I love how you used the lace and button on that one!